Coconut Paleo Pancakes

During my freshman year of college, I would make pancakes almost every single morning because it was the cheapest and easiest thing to make! After finding out about my autoimmune disease, I knew I needed to make changes to my diet. Luckily I didn't have to give up pancakes completely, because I did find this recipe from Leelalicious that makes some of the most hearty and delicious pancakes I've probably ever had!  



INGREDIENTS
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/8 cup of arrowroot flour
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/8 cup of melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup of coconut milk
  • 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup
DIRECTIONS
  1. In two separate bowls, mix the dry ingredients together and the the wet ingredients.
  2. Combine both mixes together and blend until well combined. No need to worry about over mixing because there isn't any gluten in the recipe! 
  3. Let the batter sit and thicken for a few minutes while you heat up a skillet on medium heat. If the batter does seem a little too thick, you can add a splash of coconut milk but know that it's supposed to be a thick consistency like applesauce.
  4. Proceed as normal for making pancakes! The recipe does cook 2 Tbsp of mix at a time, but you can make it slightly bigger than that. The mix makes about 3 to 4 pancakes

It's a personal favorite that gets a healthy makeover!
What else should I make?

Thanks for Reading
Love, Nick

Comments