Homemade Taco Seasoning

If I'm being completely honest, I made this seasoning purely for the fact that I didn't want to go to the grocery store... I found a recipe online and brought out my collection of spices and began the science of measuring and combining. This recipe is very simple and you could find most of these spices already living in your pantry! It has a great natural flavor and taste and is also a much healthier option rather than store bought seasoning.



COMBINE:

  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

Feel free to add more of your favorite spice to personalize it! I ended up adding a little bit more garlic powder because I love garlic. It's really simple, fast and I think next time I'm going to bulk up the recipe so I can save a jar for more in the future! Try it out and let me know how you like it

Comments